Friday, February 3, 2012

Indoor Garden (part 2)

Three weeks have now passed and my little garden is growing well. 


When your plants begin to sprout, you are suppose to trim back the weaker ones, so they don't crowd and over use resources. In my fear of cutting them back I may have waited to long and killed my spinach.  It is looking really pale and limp.  I think there may be a metaphor for life in this story. 


The beans and peas looked so good, that I didn't want to trim any of them back. So I bought a third tub and transplanted the peas into it and separated the green beans into two rows. I thinned the spinach and there seems to be so little now. I hope that it will recover. I also thinned the peppers and tomatoes.


Not pictured  are the herbs. The chives finally made an appearance, but the cilantro and basil are filling out well. The herbs just don't make as dramatic of changes as the veggies do.

No comments:

Post a Comment